We support our community library. You can be as active or as inactive as you wish, but all membership dues help us to pay for programs for the library that would not otherwise be possible. As an active volunteer, you can help plan and discuss new ideas, and perhaps volunteer on an occasional project. As a silent partner you will support the group with your membership payment. Either way, it’s satisfying to know that your membership in the Friends benefits the library and the entire community of Allen.
Interested in joining or supporting The Friends of the Allen Public Library? Please see our current brochure to learn more about what the Friends do. There are many different levels of support, so you can choose the one that’s right for you. (Please note that contributions are tax-deductible and many corporations will match your donation upon request.)
> Download the Allen Friends brochure (PDF)
Join The Friends
- and pay online
- Or download and mail in our Membership Form (please include your check made out to Friends of the Allen Public Library; the amount will be based on the level of membership you want)
- Bookworm: $10-$19: One Membership Card with ten fine waiver spaces (good for waiving 10 overdue items) and
the Friends’ newsletter, Between the Pages
- Book Lover: $20-$49: All of the above plus… An additional Membership Card (good for waiving 10 more overdue items)
- Bibliophile: $50-$99: All of the above plus… Three Free Book Choices from the Friends’ ongoing book sale
- Patron: $100-$199: All of the above plus… Personal Invitations and Preferred Seating to special Friends’ programs
- Benefactor: $200 or more: All of the above plus… A bookplate with your name in a new book in the library
Please contact Membership@AllenFriends.org with any questions about membership.
Volunteer at an Event
We encourage members to get involved as volunteers! Here are just a few of the volunteer opportunities we offer:
- Bach to Books – Guide groups through special exhibits and welcome guests to Friends’ programs.
- Book Festival – Come help plan and host the annual book festival promoting local authors.
- Ongoing Book Sale – Help sort and stock books and magazines.
- ALLen Reads – Help plan and carry out our annual community reading event.
- Junior Friends – Assist our 4th-6th graders in creative endeavors and volunteer opportunities at the library.
- Hospitality – Prepare a dish to serve and/or help with set-up, serving, and clean-up for events.
- Special Exhibits and Programs – Friends help plan, underwrite, and act as docents for traveling exhibitions.
Please contact Volunteer@AllenFriends.org for more information about volunteering.
Shop at smile.amazon.com
When customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
Go to smile.amazon.com and search for and select Friends of the Allen Public Library as your charity.
Donate to Our Ongoing Book Sale
Located in the hall outside the double doors of the library, the Friends’ book sale offers used books, magazines, children’s books, videos, DVDs, CDs, audio books, and tapes at bargain prices. Donations of these items are welcome year-round and can be dropped off at the check-out desk. This ongoing sale is a major source of funds for the Friends. We can always use donations, as well as help sorting and stocking books and magazines!
Support the Endowment Fund
The Friends of the Allen Public Library Endowment Fund was created to increase the long-term financial strength of the library, enrich its capabilities, and expand its potential for the benefit of all Allen residents.
> Learn more about the Friends Endowment Fund